Hey I’m Qiang, welcome to my homepage!
I’m a PhD student in machine learning under the supervision of Prof. Emine Yilmaz. I’m now affiliated with the Web Intelligence Group, the Centre for Artificial Intelligence, University College London.
My research interests lie in the areas of machine learning and span the entire theory-to-application spectrum from fundamental advances (e.g., Bayesian learning and causality analysis) to practical progress (e.g., text mining, sequential data modeling). My research has been applied to text classification, information retrieval, recommender systems, and misinformation detection.
- 30.07.2020 - Invited to give a talk on Self-Attentive Hawkes Processes at Yahoo Research, Verizon Media.
- 07.06.2020 - Release Beta-RecSys, an open souce benchmark for neural recommendation systems. Tutorial is here.
- 01.06.2020 - One first-author research paper accepted by ICML 2020.
- 15.03.2020 - Invited to serve as the reviewer of EMNLP 2020.
- 22.12.2019 - Invited to serve as the reviewer of ACL 2020.
- 03.11.2019 - Awarded the NeurIPS 2019 Best Reviewer by Prof. Emine Yilamz.
- 20.09.2019 - Finish the 14-week summer internship in Amazon.
- 24.06.2019 - Invited to attend the Google NLP summit in Zurich, Switzerland.
- 19.05.2019 - Attend the Web Conference 2019 in San Francisco, USA.
- 20.01.2019 - Two first-author research papers accepted by WWW 2019.