I am a PhD student under the supervision of Prof. Emine Yilmaz. I’m enthusiastic to understand the frontier challenges in machine learning, distill these challenges into mathematically sound formulations, and develop fully-functioning methods to tackle them. My research interests lie in the areas of statistical machine learning and deep learning with applications to natual languages and asynchronous sequential data.
- Ph.D in Computer Science, University College London, 2020 (expected)
- M.S. in Electrical Engineering, Chinese Academy of Sciences, 2017
- B.S. in Internet of Things, Shandong University, 2014
- Summer 2020 (upcoming): Research Scientist Intern
- Supervisor: Fabrizio Silvestris, Vassilis Plachourasu
- Duties included: TBD
- Summer 2019: Research Scientist Intern
- Mentors: Christos Christodoulopoulos, Arpit Mittal and Muriel Foulonneau
- Duties included:
- Designed a knowledge graph-based fact verification system, the pipeline of which includes entity recognition, neural information retrieval and Bert-based language reasoning.
- Developed a Bert-based IR model, where queries and documents were represented by the pre-trained Bert model. The corpus was a Wikipedia dump containing 5.6M documents. The Approximate Nearest Neighbors library was used to accelerate retrieval.
- Script: Python, Java, Scala, LATEX
- Framework: PyTorch, Tensorflow, Spark
- English (advanced)
- Mandarin (native)